To order custom team uniforms and to order the official WUCO Game ball please email: Email@WUCOAthletics.com or visit: www.WUCOAthletics.com
Kilauea District Park
4109 Kilauea Ave.
Honolulu, HI 96816
Official Game Ball for the League
Lawyers Basketball League (LBL)
5/16/2019: Week 3 Playoffs (Consolation - Championship)
Friendship Game (7th Place)
Game 9 - 5:45PM: Alley Oops vs. Richardson
Consolation Championship (5th Place)
Game 10 - 6:30PM: Bays vs. SIA
3rd Place Game
Game 11 - 7:15PM: Big Sopoenas vs. Hung Jurors
Game 12 - 8:00PM: Chun Kerr vs. Officers of the Court
*All quarter final/Semi-final/Championship games will have 1-2 minute overtime then sudden death
Consolation games will go straight suddend death of an overtime is present.
All players must of played a minimum of 2 regular season games to qualify for playoffs.
1. Chun Kerr (Key win over Hung Juror)
2. Hung Jurors (Lost Tie Breaker to Chun Kerr)
3. Alley Oops
4. Big Subpoenas (Key Win over SIA)
5. SIA (Lost tie breaker to Big Subpoenas)
6. Officers of the Court (key win over Bays)
7. Bays (lost Tie breaker to Officer of the court)
8. Team Richardson
5/9/2019: Week 2 Playoffs (Consolation - Semifinals)
Game 5 - 5:45PM: Alley Oops vs. Bays
Game 6 - 6:30PM: SIA vs. Team Richardson
Game 7 - 7:15PM: Officers of the Court vs. Hung Jurors
Game 8 - 8:00PM: Big Subpoenas vs. Chun Kerr
5/2/2019: Week 1 Playoffs (Quarter-finals)
Game 1 - 5:45PM: 3. Alley Oops vs. 6. Officers of the Court (W)
Game 2 - 6:30PM: 2. Hung Jurors (W) vs. 7. Bays
Game 3 - 7:15PM: 4. Big Subpoenas (W) vs. 5. SIA
Game 4 - 8:00PM: 1. Chun Kerr (W) vs. 8. Team Richardson
Lawyers Basketball League Rules
- Each player must sign the waiver form prior to playing.
- Each player is responsible for his own medical insurance.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE FACILITY
- No eating in the gym
- While water/sports drinks are allowed, please make sure you throw them away in the trash.
- Most NCAA rules will apply (unless superseded by house rules)
- Free throws will be on the release of the ball before you may enter the lane.
- Five fouls disqualifies a player; a technical foul counts as a personal and a team foul.
- Team fouls carry over into overtime
- Once a player receives three technical fouls, the player will be banned from the league immediately and potentially future seasons.
- Team will shoot two free throws and be given the ball.
- First technical received by any player will need to be substituted out by another player. Player must sit out at least 5 mins of game clock time.
- Second technical will result 1 game suspension from the league and a $50 fine. Must be paid prior to next scheduled game.
- Games will consist of two 17 minute halves (4 games a night), 18 minute halves(3 games a night), 30 second shot clock(when present) or UPON REQUEST(Score table will have a stop watch), running time; stop time will occur last 15 seconds of the first half and last two minutes of second half (second half only). (running clock if lead is 15pts or more under two minutes)
- Half time will be 1:00 long
- Overtime Weeknight league – Sudden death if 4 games a night, if 3 games then 1 - 2 minute OT then sudden death (First point wins)
- Overtime (C, B, A Weekend Divisions) will be 2 minutes, stop time, one time out each.
- If the game is tied after one overtime, the game will be decided by sudden death (non playoff games). (first team to score)
- During playoffs, if game is tied after one overtime. There will be 2 min stop time no timeouts per team. It will continue until there is a winner.
- Teams will receive 1-3 minute warm up time between each game. (Depending on the time-WE NEED TO TRY TO STAY ON TIME FOR GYM RENTAL PURPOSES)
- Each team will receive 3 timeouts per game, 1 time out in the first half and 2 in the second half. NO CARRYING OVER.
- Teams will receive one time out during the overtime (no carry over).
- The ball can be advanced to half court during the SECOND HALF of the game and under two minutes remaining on a made basket or a non-basketball move.
- No jewelry or headwear allowed during the game.
- Teams will be required to have jerseys for every player if not it will be +2 point awarded for each non-jersey or double number player plus a team foul.
- The jersey/shirt must have a number on either the front or back, visible for the officials to see.
- No duplicate numbers (penalty +2 points awarded to the opposing team + 1 team foul)
- Technical foul/Penalty points will be assessed if those requirements are not met.
- The Game ball will be supplied by Menehune Basketball (Official WUCO Premier Game Ball)
- Teams may start a game with FOUR players or borrow players from a different team if the opposing team approves it.
- Please arrive on time.
- All players participating in the league must be on the team roster.
- Every team must submit a roster before the league starts
- Only players on the active roster can participate in the playoffs.
- Players must play TWO regular season game in order to participate in the playoffs.
- Poor sportsmanship/fights
- Any poor sportsmanship during the course of the league will result in the player being removed from the remainder of the game and depending on the severity of his/her action may be kicked out of the league permanently.
- Any racial gesture or derogatory offensive slur will be an automatic technical foul. (Rev. 9/25/17)
- Flagrant 2 foul will be automatic rejection, and minimum 1 game suspension to getting disqualified for the remainder of the season. (Menehune Basketball Committee will have the final say to it) (9/25/17)
- Fighting will NOT be tolerated and if you violate this rule, the player will be banned immediately from the league. NO REFUNDS!!!!
- ONLY CAPTAINS are allowed to talk to the officials and scores tables.
- Anyone that was previously ejected (2 techs) last season, will be ejected and suspended this season on the first technical foul. If there is a 2nd technical foul assessed for this player then he will be done for the season. This only applies if a player was ejected(2 technical fouls in a game) or suspended (3 technical fouls total) last season. *REV 3/1/2019
- Dunking is NOT allowed. (CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU RULES)
- Penalty will be a team technical foul. Automatic 2 points awarded to team. ANYONE THAT DUNKS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EJECTED FROM THE GAME AND SUSPENDED 1 GAMES.
- No intentionally slapping the backboard (Automatic Technical foul)
- If the game is held at a gym that allows dunking, then no technical foul would be assessed for a dunk.
- Games at Kaimuki Park, PLEASE STAY OFF THE BACKBOARDS! NO SLAPPING or purposely shaking the backboards. It is there policy that we need to abide. WE DON’T WANT TO GET KICKED OUT!
- Tie Breakers
- Head to head
- Margin of victory
- Least points allowed amongst tied teams (Defense wins championships!)
- Please pick up your trash and keep sports drinks in your bag and off of the gym floor.
- All players must agree to and sign the consent/waiver form before playing in the game.
- Lawyers Basketball League and any park gym will have the right to ban a player from participating in the league if they do not abide by the rules.
- Please meet new people and have a fun time in the Laywers Basketball League (LBL).