NEXT Menehune Basketball League SEASON: Register your team here!
Season 4: Saturday C Division
6/3/2017 Playoff Schedule
5:00 PM Rebels vs. Showtime (Championship Game)
5:50 PM No Prep vs. Papakolea
6:40 PM Cutz vs. No Limit (Consolation Championship Game)
7:30 PM NK Management vs. 2BIGG4U
Games will be played at
Mccully District Park: 831 Pumehana St., Honolulu, HI 96826
Mccully District Park: 831 Pumehana St., Honolulu, HI 96826
Results and Stats:
Week 8: 5/27/2017
Week 7: 5/20/2017
Week 6: 5/13/2017
Week 5: 5/6/2017
Week 4: 4/29/2017
Week 3: 4/22/2017
Week 2: 4/15/2017
Week 1: 4/8/2017
* TOP 4 goes into the Championship Bracket
* Bottom 4 goes into Consolation Bracket
Tie Breaker Breakdown:
Regular Season Standings
*Papakolea won head to head tie breaker with Cutz
- Each player must sign the waiver form prior to playing.
- Each player is responsible for his own medical insurance.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE FACILITY
- No eating in the gym
- While water/sports drinks are allowed, please make sure you throw them away in the trash.
- Most NCAA rules will apply (unless superseded by house rules)
- Free throws will be on the release of the ball before you may enter the lane.
- Five fouls disqualifies a player; a technical foul counts as a personal and a team foul.
- Team fouls carry over into overtime
- Once a player receives three technical fouls, the player will be banned from the league immediately and potentially future seasons.
- Team will shoot two free throws and be given the ball.
- First technical received by any player will need to be substituted out by another player. Player must sit out at least 5 mins of game clock time.
- Second technical will result 1 game suspension from the league and a $50 fine. Must be paid prior to next scheduled game.
- Games will consist of two 17 minute halves (Weekday Division), 18 minute halves(Weekend), 30 second shot clock(when present) or UPON REQUEST(Score table will have a stop watch), running time; stop time will occur last 15 seconds of the first half and last two minutes of second half (second half only). (running clock if lead is 15pts or more under two minutes)
- Half time will be 1:00 long
- Overtime Weeknight league – Sudden death
- Overtime (C, B, A Weekend Divisions) will be 2 minutes, stop time, one time out each.
- If the game is tied after one overtime, the game will be decided by sudden death (non playoff games). (first team to score)
- During playoffs, if game is tied after one overtime. There will be 2 min stop time no timeouts per team. It will continue until there is a winner.
- Teams will receive 1-3 minute warm up time between each game. (Depending on the time-WE NEED TO TRY TO STAY ON TIME FOR GYM RENTAL PURPOSES)
- Each team will receive 3 timeouts per game, 1 time out in the first half and 2 in the second half. NO CARRYING OVER.
- Teams will receive one time out during the overtime (no carry over).
- The ball can be advanced to half court during the SECOND HALF of the game and under two minutes remaining on a made basket or a non-basketball move.
- No jewelry or headwear allowed during the game.
- Teams will be required to have jerseys for every player if not it will be +2 point awarded for each non-jersey or double number player plus a team foul.
- The jersey/shirt must have a number on either the front or back, visible for the officials to see.
- No duplicate numbers (penalty +2 points awarded to the opposing team + 1 team foul)
- Technical foul/Penalty points will be assessed if those requirements are not met.
- The Game ball will be supplied by Menehune Basketball
- Teams may start a game with FOUR players
- There will be a five minute grace period before game is considered a forfeit
- Players from other teams are NOT allowed to play with any other team in the league.
- Spectators are not allowed to participate with any team.
- Game can be played with four player for entirety of the game
- Please arrive on time.
- Penalty for a forfeit will result in a $50.00 fine and your team will not be able to play in the next game until it is paid.
- If there is a forfeit by two teams, both teams need to pay the $50 fine to the league commissioner.
- All players participating in the league must be on the team roster.
- Every team must submit a roster before the league starts
- Only players on the active roster can participate in the playoffs.
- Players must play TWO regular season game in order to participate in the playoffs.
- Poor sportsmanship/fights
- Any poor sportsmanship during the course of the league will result in the player being removed from the remainder of the game and depending on the severity of his/her action may be kicked out of the league permanently.
- Team Captains will be the only one that will be allowed to speak to the officials or score table during the game.
- Fighting will NOT be tolerated and if you violate this rule, the player will be banned immediately from the league. NO REFUNDS!!!!
- Dunking is NOT allowed. (CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU RULES)
- Penalty will be a team technical foul. Automatic 2 points awarded to team. ANYONE THAT DUNKS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EJECTED FROM THE GAME AND SUSPENDED 1 GAMES.
- No intentionally slapping the backboard (Automatic Technical foul)
- If the game is held at a gym that allows dunking, then no technical foul would be assessed for a dunk.
- Games at Kaimuki Park, PLEASE STAY OFF THE BACKBOARDS! NO SLAPPING or purposely shaking the backboards. It is there policy that we need to abide. WE DON’T WANT TO GET KICKED OUT!
- Tie Breakers
- Head to head
- Margin of victory
- Least points allowed amongst tied teams (Defense wins championships!)
- Please pick up your trash and keep sports drinks in your bag and off of the gym floor.
- All players must agree to and sign the consent/waiver form before playing in the game.
- Menehune Basketball and any park gym will have the right to band a player form participating in any games if they do not abide by the rules.
- Please meet new people and have a fun time in the Menehune Basketball League!