Season 18: Thursday MAHIKO C/C+ Division
Custom Uniforms contact: Email@MenehuneBasketball.com
Please email us if you are interested: Email@MenehuneBasketball.com
Season 18: Thursday C/C+ Division Schedule
NO DUNKING OR SLAPPING BACKBOARDS ALLOWED AT CITY AND COUNTY GYMS!
Menehune Basketball Rules
- Each player must sign the waiver form prior to playing.
- Each player is responsible for his own medical insurance.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ANYWHERE ON THE FACILITY
- No eating in the gym
- While water/sports drinks are allowed, please make sure you throw them away in the trash.
- Most NCAA rules will apply (unless superseded by house rules)
- Free throws will be on the release of the ball before you may enter the lane.
- Five fouls disqualifies a player; a technical foul counts as a personal and a team foul.
- 5 Personal fouls disqualifies a player (all divisions), EXCEPT: Premier/Pro-Am 6 Personal fouls disqualifies a player.
- Team fouls carry over into overtime
- Once a player receives three technical fouls, the player will be banned from the league immediately and potentially future seasons.
- Team will shoot two free throws and be given the ball.
- First technical received by any player will need to be substituted out by another player. Technical Foul will be an automatic +2 points to the other team(To prevent time wasted), unless it is the last 2 minutes of the game and they will shoot two free throws and the ball will go in the direction of play. (Rev 12/31/2017)
- Second technical will result 1 game suspension from the league and will face consequences which may lead to being suspended for the remainder of the season. Must be paid prior to next scheduled game.
- Games will consist of two 17 minute halves (Weekday Division), 18 minute halves(Weekend), 20 minute halves (Premier Division); stop time will occur last 15 seconds of the first half and last two minutes of second half (second half only). (running clock if lead is 15pts or more under two minutes) (REVISED 12/31/17)
- Half time will be 1:00 long
- Overtime Weeknight league – Sudden death, unless playoffs, 1-2 minute Overtime, before sudden death.
- Overtime (C, B, A Weekend Divisions) will be 2 minutes, stop time, one time out each.
- If the game is tied after one overtime, the game will be decided by sudden death (non playoff games). (first team to score)
- During playoffs, if game is tied after one overtime. There will be 2 min stop time 1 timeout per team. It will continue until there is a winner. (For weekend leagues)
- Teams will receive 1-3 minute warm up time between each game. (Depending on the time-WE NEED TO TRY TO STAY ON TIME FOR GYM RENTAL PURPOSES)
- OVERTIME RULES WILL BE ADJUSTED BASED ON GYM RENTAL TIME: JIMMY MIYASAKA or League manager doing the clock HAS THE LAST SAY TO HOW IT WILL PLAY OUT.
- SHOT CLOCK: 30 second shot clock (when present) or UPON REQUEST(Score table will have a stop watch) for all divisions EXCPT: PREMIER/PRO-AM Division will have a 24 second shot clock). For 30 seconds shot clock you will have a 10 second back court count that will only reset if the offensive team calls a time out. For 24 seconds shot clock, you will have 8 seconds to cross the half court line. Shot clock will only reset if the offensive team calls a time out.
- BACKCOURT Rule: All divisions can pass the ball to the back court in the out of bounds. Premier/ProAm division: once you cross the front court, you will not be allowed to throw it in the back court.
- Each team will receive 3 timeouts per game, 1 time out in the first half and 2 in the second half. NO CARRYING OVER.
- Teams will receive one time out during the overtime (no carry over).
- The ball can be advanced to half court during the SECOND HALF of the game and under two minutes remaining on a made basket or a non-basketball move.
- No jewelry or headwear allowed during the game that can potentially cause harm. JIMMY MIYASAKA has the last saying about what is allowed.
- Teams will be required to have jerseys for every player if not it will be +2 points awarded for each non-jersey or double number player plus a team foul.
- The jersey/shirt must have a number on either the front or back, visible for the officials to see.
- No duplicate numbers (penalty +2 points awarded to the opposing team + 1 team foul)
- Technical foul/Penalty points will be assessed if those requirements are not met.
- Menehune Basketball President Jimmy will make exceptions based on team colors and patters to help distinguish the two teams. They will need an approval of play by Jimmy Miyasaka to avoid the technical foul. (REV 12/31/17)
- The Game ball will be supplied by Menehune Basketball (Official WUCO Premier Game Ball)
- Teams may start a game with FOUR players
- There will be a five minute grace period before game is considered a forfeit
- Players from other teams are NOT allowed to play with any other team in the league.
- Spectators are not allowed to participate with any team.
- Game can be played with four player for entirety of the game
- Please arrive on time.
- Penalty for a forfeit will result in possibly losing your spot in the following seasons.
- All players participating in the league must be on the team roster.
- Every team must submit a roster before the league starts
- Only players on the active roster can participate in the playoffs.
- Players must play TWO regular season game in order to participate in the playoffs.
- Poor sportsmanship/fights
- Any poor sportsmanship during the course of the league will result in the player being removed from the remainder of the game and depending on the severity of his/her action may be kicked out of the league permanently.
- Any racial gesture or derogatory offensive slur will be an automatic technical foul. (Rev. 9/5/17)
- Flagrant 2 foul will be automatic rejection, and minimum 1 game suspension to getting disqualified for the remainder of the season. (Menehune Basketball Committee will have the final say to it) (9/5/17)
- Fighting will NOT be tolerated and if you violate this rule, the player will be banned immediately from the league. NO REFUNDS!!!!
- ONLY CAPTAINS are allowed to talk to the officials and scores tables.
- Dunking is NOT allowed. (CITY AND COUNTY OF HONOLULU RULES)
- Penalty will be a team technical foul. Automatic 2 points awarded to team. ANYONE THAT DUNKS WILL BE IMMEDIATELY EJECTED FROM THE GAME AND SUSPENDED 1 GAMES. (Banned from the Kilauea Division League)
- No intentionally slapping the backboard (Automatic Technical foul)
- MUST ABIDE KAIMUKI PARK NO BACKBOARD RULE.
- If the game is held at a gym that allows dunking, then no technical foul would be assessed for a dunk.
- Games at Kaimuki Park, PLEASE STAY OFF THE BACKBOARDS! NO SLAPPING or purposely shaking the backboards. It is there policy that we need to abide. WE DON’T WANT TO GET KICKED OUT!
- Tie Breakers
- Head to head
- Margin of victory
- Least points allowed amongst tied teams (Defense wins championships!)
- Please pick up your trash and keep sports drinks in your bag and off of the gym floor.
- All players must agree to and sign the consent/waiver form before playing in the game.
- Menehune Basketball and any park gym will have the right to band a player form participating in any games if they do not abide by the rules.
- Please meet new people and have a fun time in the Menehune Basketball League!
- Menehune Basketball Committee will have the final say to any rule above to overrule it.
- If your team needs team jerseys please contact JIMMY MIYASAKA and WUCO ATHLETICS for custom team jerseys.